Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another weekend down



So, unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the last Harry Potter book has been released. There are 759 pages in this sucker, and my wife has now read them all. She went to Wal-Mart on Friday night for the midnight release of the book. Now less than 48 hours later she has finished the book. I'm waiting till our vacation to crack the cover on that thing, and its driving her crazy. She wants to discuss the story with me, but I've forbidden all mention of the story till I've read it myself. She hates me right now.



Saturday night we decided to grill some ribs. I know on pork ribs that low heat and slow cooking is the key. I just don't know how to do this. I fired up the grill, let it on low, and put on the ribs. I go inside the house and set the timer for 5 minutes to remind me to go check them. 5 minutes later I go outside with William and Mary to find my grill on fire. Actually its more like the ribs were on fire. I learned something new. Pork is combustable. I mean this stuff burns like wood, paper, and gasoline. After putting out the ribs, and asking Mary if she basted them in Napalm, I went about salvaging dinner.






I dare say I did a good job.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how do Justice and Libby like ribs?
Mom

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home