Saturday, August 19, 2006

Goodbye Counter

So I got rid of my pound counter because I hit my goal of 215lbs. I started this thing back around Valentines day and weighed around 250lbs, which was down from my heaviest weight of 275lbs. So pat me on the back or whatever, just didn't want to leave that thing up there for the next year.

Alright, I know you are just dying to hear about my further adventures in home improvement. I'll not leave you hanging. Over the week I primed the drywall and sprayed three coats of texture to fill in the spot where everything came down. Well, in the books I've read they warn against this practice because it won't hide the defects. I'll be damned, they do know what they are writing about. It looked terrible. So I took some drywall compound and feathered in a bit to level up the area. I then sanded down the stuff to make it smooth and even. I followed this up with Bubbly Boy treatment (don't try to recycle those little tarps. The cost $1.50 and don't hold up to repeated use) and sprayed a nice coat of texture over the entire kitchen and dining area ceiling. This looks much better, but I can still see the defects. I hate being Neal Junior.

So after this dried a bit, I finished priming (yeah, I said PRIME, wanna make something of it?) the cabinets and put on the first coat of real paint. Can you believe I've been on this project for 40 days and am just getting to the painting?

I'm sitting here now, covered in drywall dust, paint, primer, and texture. I keep thinking torching the house and starting over may be just the ticket, but going to jail for insurance fraud right before my son is born might not be the best out there.

No, I haven't put any new pictures up for you.

No, I won't be pressured to put up pictures (even by my wife who wants the pics from New Mexico).

Yes, I'm taking off from the house tomorrow morning and going to the HUNTER'S EXTRAVEGANZA!!! Its in Fort Worth and I need a break from the mess, I mean house.

Promise to have the NM pics up before the month is out.

Hope you're all having a good weekend, and I hope at some point or another in your life you get to feel the pain of a remodel. After all, misery loves company.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I new you could do it.

I'm sure the ceiling looks fine, besides everyone will be dazzled by the rest of the remodel they won't think to look at the ceiling.

Neal Sr.

9:15 PM

 
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

Good grief! After reading about your adventures, I don't ever want to have to deal with that myself!

4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home