Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bubble Boy, your room is ready

So today I got brave enough to take my texture gun out of the box, hook it up to the air compressor, and spray some crap I mixed up in my tub onto my ceiling. As you can see, my kitchen is now wrapped in enough plastic to make a nice large oxygen tent, or one of those germ proof portable habitats for Bubble Boy.



Of course I just discovered several areas I missed, and that it doesn't look "professional" to me, but that is typical and I don't care. I'll touch it up tomorrow evening, then paint it on Tuesday night. Today I also went and taped all my doors and drawers for the two tone paint job we're going to do. I lied, I do care. I do care because I want this to look good and like the crew from "This Old House" stopped by to do some work, not like "The Three Stooges" got into a paint, pie, and tile fight in my house. Strangly enough, my kitchen currently resembles the handiwork of Larry, Moe, and Curly.

I'll backtrack a bit and fill ya in on the weekend. Friday evening I decided I needed to go see my parents in Kingsland to pick up a trailer. I decided this at 6:30pm. At 7pm we were on the road. We spent the night and visited a little bit, but it was too late for serious visitation. Saturday morning Mary and I dragged our butts out of bed and had a great home cooked breakfast from my mom. Yeah, she's great. Dad and I went to his shop to install the trailer hitch on my KIA and rewire the lights on the trailer. This was lots of fun except for the wasp nest under the trailer, the hot pavement where we were working, and the toasty 100+ degree heat.

By the time we finished the work it was lunch time, but mom had been struck down with migraine headache. So dad, Mary, and myself ate bar-b-q for lunch, visited for a little while, and decided to head back to the house. Mary and I returned home around 7:30pm with the trailer and stayed in to relax. So that's my exciting weekend.

1. Road trip
2. Sweat while mechanicin'
3. Lunch with Dad, but not Mom (yeah, boo)
4. Drive Home
5. Wrap kitchen in plastic
6. Whip up funky plaster stuff in tub
7. Spray plaster stuff at my ceiling
8. Tape off 27 doors and drawers (Thanks for the help Mary)
9. Dinner at Chili's
10. Post Blog and go to bed.

Hope ya'll had a great weekend and stay safe.

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!!!

Well Kick A Midget!!! (ha ha J)

For some reason blogger isn't allowing me to post pics tonight. I'll try to get them up in the next day or two before I head to the races.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyeball_715 said...

sounds like the ONLY thing that could have made it better was finding a midget to kick!

hahahahaha

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Well, if said midget was able to lay tile... I'd get him a milk crate to stand on, and let him kick me.

9:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!!!

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home