Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Prime

Let us review "PRIME" things shall we?

Prime Rib
Prime Time
Optimus Prime
Prime the Pump
Prime Numbers

And F@#*$^! PAINT PRIMER!!!

I promise you I will get around to posting pics and writing a detailed account of our trip to Ruidoso NM, but that isn't going to happen today.

First of all, let me tell you about my ceiling.

I scraped off the old accoustic texture. This involved water, a scraper, and a pole. This also involved my shoulders getting pretty sore, but hey, it only put about 6 pounds of drywall dust throughout the house. So I finish with that and get my drywall compound (heretofor be known as MUD), and touched up the seams. I then sanded the ceiling, again involving sore shoulders, and cleaned up the dust again.

Next I took my PRIMER, that's right, I said F%#@*#! PRIMER!!! I used Zinser primer. Which up till this point had done a fabulous job of sealing up the stain on my cabinets. So I take my lovely Zinser and roll two coats onto the ceiling. Yes, this again involved sore shoulders. Well, I used up the last of my primer and went to the store. At this point I'd only PRIMED about a fourth of the ceiling. While there I got some "DRYWALL PRIMER". Yeah, I thought, PRIMER was PRIMER, I was DEAD, F'ING, WRONG!

Evidently there is a certain formula in "drywall primer" that makes it adhere to drywall, and it supposed to be used before you texture. "Meh" I said, I'll use this to finish up the kitchen and no trouble will come of this.

So I then texture my ceiling (see the bubble boy post for any more info). After texturing I again, wait for it, wait for it...



PRIMED!!!

Yeah, primed after texturing, then put on a coat of ceiling paint (the pink stuff that dries white).

This evening I'm about to put on a second and final coat of paint, when I see a small lip where the texture, primer, and paint ended at my hanging tarp. I give this a gentle pull to make sure it's clean and smooth before I paint.

Here's the result of that small pulling action.




and




So after freaking out and screaming obscenities, flinging tools, and the ritual torture of paint department employee from a large orange store (and I won't post these pics for fear of state and local authoraties getting involved), I composed myself and begin to begin again.

I scraped any and all loose material (ya know, that layer of primer, texture and paint), swept up the mess, and broke out the can of "DRYWALL F'ING PRIMER) and put three, count them with me.

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!
THREE COATS OF F#%$@&^ PRIMER

Here are the results of this fun little excercise





and




And yes, this did result in more sore shoulder.


I hate this house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

6:29 AM

 
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Your sympathy is overwhelming.

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home