Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

So it is now officially Christmas, and I get to spend it's first hour with my son. He doesn't seem to enthused about it. In fact he's had a bit of tummy trouble lately and isn't the biggest fan of eatting. It is all pretty stressful when you've got a screaming baby who's hungry, and does the gurgle thing when he's screaming through a mouth full of formula.


In other news, I finished my Christmas shopping with 2 days to spare. I think that is a new record for me. I've been busy being a parent these last few weeks, but managed to fix a few things around the house.


In regards to the flush remark I made awhile back, here's the story. Before Mary and I got married we decided to redo the floor in the bathroom. This was prompted because the toilet leaked at the floor and was rotting out the linoleum. I ripped out the floor, replaced a broken toilet flange, layed tile, and grouted while Mary was gone over a weekend. Yes, sometimes if things go right I can get things done quickly. Well, a few months later Mary used some bath oil in the tub and failed to mention this to me. I stepped into the shower and promptly fell out of the bath. Luckily the toilet was there to break my fall. I spun the pot off the flange, and only had one bolt left holding everything together. It didn't leak, but rocked around alot. In would also spin if you weren't paying attention.


Eventually the toilet supply valve decided to give up it's continence after 25 years. I replaced the valve with a 90 degree ball valve. This was smart because at some point down the road my son will flush an entire roll of toilet paper down the bowl in a single go. We've all been there right? Watching the water rise towards the top of the bowl. Begging it to stay in while you feverishly try to close that multi turn valve that is stuck. Not me. With the flick of my wrist the water is shut off c0mpletely and instantly.

While I was at it I replaced the toilet guts (circa 1987). A kit runs about $20, and is money well spent. All said and done, the toilet doesn't run, I don't have to jiggle the handle, it flushes right the first time (screw those water saver toilets, I want one that William needs to be tied to the sink to keep from getting sucked into the septic tank), and I no longer have to use the shower wand to fill the tank when I want to flush the pot. This may seem an unimportant task, but if your wife has ever given you the "what's wrong with you? This isn't a barn you know" look you'll understand the satisfaction that comes with a happy wife.


Oh yeah, here's some pics to tide you over for awhile.



He's the gift that keeps on pooping.

Mary and Will headed to Christmas Ever service, no I didn't go, and no I don't feel bad.

Close up cutie.

Yes, he's trying to nurse my nose. I told him he wouldn't be happy with anything that came out.

Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas. God bless, we're headed to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I hit pay dirt. New pictures of William, yesterday, on his mother's site, and fresh pictures today, on yours!!!! I especially like the picture of the World's Best Daughter-In-Law, with the World's Cutest Baby. The one of Will working on your nose; not so much. I know you guys will never forget this special Christmas. Enjoy the day, and may you be blessed with good plumbing.
Love Mom

8:39 AM

 
Blogger snarflemarfle said...

That picture of William and Mary is just beautiful! Mary, you are looking great!!

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home