Monday, September 18, 2006

Just so you'll know

HERE IS WHY OUR SON IS NOT TO BE CALLED "WILLIE"

I jokingly called our son Willie and almost lost my life. Seriously, no sooner had those words left my mouth than a sub 5 foot woman cornered me in the kitchen, twisted my ear, and gave me "THE LOOK". We all know the look, and my wife being a teacher is a master of "THE LOOK". I dare say she's something of a Jedi when she employs "THE LOOK".



Artist's representation, in no way represents my actual wife, who is going to kill me tomorrow when she checks this blog and commits an act of homicide upon the author of said blog.

Mary: You don't ever want to call our son that do you?

Ben: I don't ever want to call our son that.

Mary: You will get back in the kitchen and make it new and beautiful.

Ben: I will get back in the kitchen and make it new and beautiful.

Mary: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Ben: These aren't the droids we're looking for.

I swear on George Lucas' beer gut she's that good.

On other fronts, my good friend Paul is a father for the first time. His wife gave birth over the weekend to a 7lb 19.5 inch long man child. I'm so excited for them. I think I'll try to swing by and congratulate the new parents (and see just how bad this new born thing is). Oh yeah, the boy's name is Benjamin. I'm going to claim he's named after me until someone tells me otherwise. Paul, if you care to set the record straight, feel free to use the comment section. And again, congrats my friend, I'm excited for you, and I can't stop using commas, or keep from using run on sentences, or a whole host of other things that would get my degree revoked for abusing the English language.

On other fronts, the kitchen is coming along, slowly,,,,,,, love the commas. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. Over the weekend I glued my counters down, installed my sink and dishwasher, and tonight I hooked up the water and drain lines. I must say, it was a spiritual experience when we turned on the water. I'm going to be father to a new kitchen before "WILLIAM" arrives.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyeball_715 said...

all you needed was for M. to end the conversation with a dry, "Move along...."

thus, the Mary-morphing-to-Obi-Wan journey would be complete (oh, yeah, and you have to say "complete" like the emperor)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,comma happiness!

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Yeah, I just can't get the lightning to shoot out of my fingers, but I can get thunder out of my butt.

8:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Mary is the mistress of "THE LOOK." I had it turned on me before she even became a teacher. I am sure I deserved it but it is still scary.

You know I bet the thunder you speak of can be just as deadly as the emperor's lightning fingers.

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home