Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independance Day

So this weekend Mary and I cleaned out our laundry room and tossed out another load of junk. It is amazing the stuff you find when you decide to clean out a room. The worse part is looking through stuff and thinking, "why do I have this, and why has it moved with me the last three moves?" Anyway, the room was cleared out and I slapped on my knee pads to scour the base boards and scrub out some stains in the linolium (that isn't spelled correctly). Mary said I was doing a pretty good Cinderella impression.

I seem to be getting my events out of order. Saturday we didn't do a thing but sit on our butts. Sunday we scrubbed and cleaned. Monday we went and saw Disney's movie CARS. Must say, as a man of 29, I thought it was an awesome movie. After that we went to a Chinese Buffet, and it sucked. I won't name the restaurant because the service was good, the place was clean, and food was fresh and hot. It just didn't taste very good.

Today I got up and went to town to buy some gas, and then got started on the lawn. Must say, it does look good. I mowed, and then was interrupted by a nice rain fall of 1.5". We did get some pea sized hail, so I put Mary's Jeep under the carport. I then went out in the soggy lawn to trim and clean up. That was miserable. I got ambitious and decided to cut down a dead cedar bush (see previous post concerning bag worms, freaking worms). After all that I got cleaned up, grilled some burgers, and enjoyed my inlaws coming over for dinner. When it got dark, we sat on the lawn and watched the neighbors violate the burn ban by setting off fireworks. I'm so glad we got the rain though.

All in all I'd call this a good weekend, hope yours was as good or better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home