Sunday, November 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

So today I turned 30, and I don't feel a day over 15. I'm still the immature smart ass I've always been, I just have more credit, bills, and responsibility than ever before. That being said, I still enjoyed having Happy Birthday sung to me, as well as opening presents. Yeah, I still get a kick out of opening pretty wrapped packages.

At noon today my folks made the trek from Kingsland to wish me a Happy Birthday (and yes I'm capitalizing it because it's MY birthday, and as such it's a proper noun). Like Frank and Marie, they brought a cake to little Raymond. The role of Robert was played by their Pomeranian named Rosie. She's having a tough time of it and showing her age. She's blind, losing weight, and very confused. This made me sad because I helped raise her from a pup. I remember when she first came home as property of my sister. I fed Rosie her first slice of pizza, and had to clean up her first case of exploding ass. Poor thing whimpered alot, mainly due to the very spicy pizza.

My folks bought us lunch from Chili's, which if you've read much you'll know we eat entirely too much of. They also brought us my favorite cake from my childhood, a Stripped Rich Cake. In a nutshell, it is a yellow sheet cake that you make tons of holes in with a straw. You use a straw because you are creating voids in the cake for the topping to seep into. The topping is chocolate pudding mixed with powdered sugar. this permeates the cake and keeps it very moist. Stick that badboy in the fridge for a few hours and you've created a treat that can't be beat.

They oohed and aahed over young William (aka Prince William, Wilhelm, Pumpkin, My Little Piggie, but never Willy) as grandparents are supposed to. They fed him, burped him, tickled him, but never changed him. I guess it is the reward for them raising me and my sister that they get to have the FUN part of raising a baby and skip the unpleasant stuff. For unpleasant stuff, see my post on urine guns and projectile poo. I really enjoyed their visit, and the day was far from over.

At 5pm we were at my sister inlaw's house for my Birthday Party. We brought pizza, cake, soda, and icecream. My diet died a gruesome death today. Pretty much the whole family was there with the exception of my mother inlaw (who was feeling poorly, and I missed getting a Birthday hug from her) and my neice who was feeling under the weather as well. Hell folks, should have come, I showered and everything. Seriously though, it really meant alot to me that as many people showed as they did. I feel really loved by my new family. They seem to have accepted me into the tribe, and haven't tried to kick me off the island yet.

We played horseshoes, and I lost 4 games in a row. Now before you think I can't play the horseshoes, I want it noted that I had 4 ringers, a leaner, and a whole bunch of single points. The team we were playing against were just better. Then we had the cake and icecream, as well as me opening my presents. I got a new game for my 360, a blood tracking light (don't ask me how it works, technology confuses me, I'm pretty sure if you break open a TV set the characters will all spill out on the floor, that stuff is magic), some gift cards, and lots of Birthday hugs.

It was an awesome day for me. For William, you'll have to read his thoughts on his blog.

Laters, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm sorry that Mary's mom wasn't feeling up to the party. She does give great hugs!

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must make a couple of corrections here.

I would have been perfectly willing to change WG's diaper, but I didn't feel comfortable, invading your bedroom. Maybe the next time we come to visit, William will have his own room.

The cake is Stripe It Rich Cake, not Stripped. I don't want people to think we sat round naked, eating it. Now, everyone can go poke out their mind's eye, and hope that visual never comes again.

Love Marie

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Oh there you go confusing me with reality. Thanks for the cake mom, it was/is truly awesome, and I don't expect you to change Will's diapers, you did that enough with sis and myself. Thanks for coming, it meant alot to me.

5:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you remember that I used to change your diapers, when it is time to change mine.
Mom

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home