Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fatherhood = Eternal Drowsy

Alright, I've been a parent for exactly 1 week. I now know absolutely nothing about being a parent, other than you don't sleep much any more. Also you don't wear anything nice around your kid, ever.

Wilhelm has got a nasty reach with his urine cannon. Booger got me from the far end of the kitchen while getting a bath. Oh, and bathing a baby is a giant waste of time. Unless that kid is sticky and visibly dirty, let em roll on another day. Its not worth the wee in the face or the ruined duds.

We are also proud owners of a product known as the diaper genie. Whoever the genius who invented this is, should have the freakin Nobel Peace Prize. It is basically a plastic intestine that you put a dirty diaper into, twist the case and it seals off the diaper. Wilhelm doesn't have swamp ass yet, but we are ready for that day, or as ready as a clueless father can be.

Oh, also I can honestly say, my kid's sh*t don't stink! I'm holding out hope it stays that way for a few more days.

Yellow!?! Why is it yellow? Seriously, I'm talking school bus yellow.

So we are still plugging along, we haven't broken our kid, and he hasn't broken us yet.

Although I must admit to watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 lastnight while giving him a bottle and burping him. Does this make me a bad parent, or just someone with bad taste in movies?

Gotta go, Iron Chef is on, and tonight's secret ingredient is dirty diapers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Lord.

Does everyone within earshot of you just laugh all day?!? You are seriously funny!

Sounds like you are getting into everything that's normal. Don't worry about that "not knowing what you're doing" feeling. It sticks around for a while. It's just that you realize that as long as you're not hurting him, whatever you choose to do is EXACTLY the way it should be done!

And if you're worried about yellow poopies now, wait until he eats something besides mamma's milk and it's just darker shades of whatever he ate! I'm telling you, prunes and sweet potatoes don't look that much different coming out than they do going in!

And pew-ie!

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Stubbed My Toe said...

Wow, I'm so getting him some blue berries. I'll post pics later. Thanks for the idea!

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home